Safety is our number one priority, both for our staff and for our visitors. In line with current Government guidance we have made a vareity of changes around the Aquarium to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We have introduced:
- Enhanced cleaning measures, throughout the day, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, flush handles, door handles/plates and taps;
- Deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19;
- A large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, face shields and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests;
- An employee COVID-19 specific training programme, instructing the team how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe while visiting our attraction.
As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
As requested by Government we have reduced the daily ticketed capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible guest experience.
On entry to our attraction there will be a rolling safety video, please ensure to abide to our safety measures at all time during your visit, this is to keep all our guests and employees safe and to make it a great experience for all. We don’t want anyone walking the plank!
Customers will also notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions around the aquarium,
Social distancing measures within our attraction
We have introduced new procedures for the application of social distancing within our attraction. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry, viewing areas, and Bistro to help guests keep a safe distance from one another. Our employees will monitor the queues to ensure that social distancing is being maintained at all times.
From the 14th of September in line with updated from the UK Government, we encourage all customers to adhere to the latest guidance and not meet in groups of more than six people* to help protect themselves and each other when visiting our Aquarium.
As a COVID-19 Secure venue we can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to 6 must not mix or form larger groups. We will continue to monitor Government guidance closely. We thank you all for your continuing support.
*Government exemptions are outlined here
We thank you for your custom and understanding at these times and thank you for supporting us at the aquarium.
Lets make some memories to treasure! Arghhh me hearties!